Sunday, September 18, 2011

Charleigh's First 3 Months!

Can you believe in one short week, Charleigh will be 4 months old?? It's just the craziest thing to wrap my mind around. Lance and I were just talking today about the moment we pulled out of the hospital with her in the car with us. It was such a surreal moment. It was a moment full of excitement for finally having our daughter with us after the 9 months of pregnancy, and a moment of "how do we take care of this little human without the hospital nursery?!" Ha!! Well, it has been amazing. She is just the most precious little girl. We really can't get enough of her. She started blessing us with a full nights sleep at 6 weeks old. I mean 12 full hours of sleep at night for Miss Charleigh! We are so VERY thankful for that. What is she up to these days? She is working on rolling over. She has mastered rolling over from her belly to her back, but is still trying to figure out how to roll over from her back to her stomach. Tummy time these days is much more "true" tummy time. She is propping herself up on her little forearms and holding her head up really well. After about 15 minutes, she's pretty pooped out from holding her head up and then it's time to roll over. She is also starting to laugh. Oh my goodness, if this isn't the noise every parent will do anything to hear. I promise, the first time we heard her laugh it was a mission from then on to do ANYTHING that would make her laugh. Sometimes we get a little ridiculous, ha! I love it! She is trying so hard to get so many noises out. It is so fun to watch her lay on her play mat with a huge smile and see her trying to get all these noises out of that voice box of hers. All sorts of noises are making their debut. Her whole body tenses up and high pitched squeals come rolling out. As soon as the first one comes out, it's all over from there. The noises keep coming until she is ready for her next snooze! She is so fascinated by her hands and how they move and grasp her toys. We are working on sitting up in her bumbo and with big pillows behind her. She likes her new view from time to time. All of these little firsts just bring so much happiness to mine and Lance's life. We can't imagine our family without her. What really means the world to me is to sit back and watch Lance just love her so much. Nighttime is "his" time after he gets home from work. Bath time, feeding time and putting her to sleep every night are his duties during the week. She is a fortunate little girl to have a daddy so dedicated to her. As a mom, I soak up all the little things (often with tears) that are so huge for a little girl to experience with her daddy. All of these things will mean so much to her one day. She goes to the doctor in a week for her 4 month check up and we get to start incorporating rice cereal and then some fruit and veggie purees. I have been very motivated to make all of her food from scratch, and I am so very excited to do this for her! We can't wait to see her first reaction to food outside of the bottle. As far as being a stay at home mom, I love being home with Charleigh. I will probably wait until the beginning of the year or so to look for a job. We have recently been having play dates a couple times a week. Even though Charleigh can't really "play" yet, we enjoy the company and it gets her used to other people besides Lance and I. She had her first swing on the swings last week at the park. She held on to the chain and let all of her very long hair blow in the wind (while sitting on my lap of course, ha). It was so fun! I probably enjoyed it more than she did. I have recently joined a boot camp and running club in the area, and I love it so much! It has really helped me meet other stay at home mom's that I really enjoy, and work on this post pregnancy body at the same time! Lance and I have gotten really strict about our daily eating and really just being conscientious of what we put in our bodies. It is amazing how good you feel when you fuel your body full of what it needs. Ok...so that is quite the lengthy update! Here are progression pics of Charleigh from week 1 to week 16! Time is flying by at the Bina house! Love you all!



Day 1


Week 1



Week 2


Week 3


Week 4


Week 5







Week 6


Week 7


Week 8



Week 9



Week 10


Week 11


Week 12





Week 13





Week 14



Week 15


Week 16













1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh , you updated....I love it!!! She is growing too fast I can't believe she will be 4 months old next week. She is beautiful and I loooovvveeee all the pics!! Love u!

    ReplyDelete