Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm a Lucky Girl...

Since Lance has started his new job, and doesn't have to work weekends anymore, it was his first weekend in a couple months to be able to go home with me (to Dallas). We left after Lance got off work Friday night, and I had a wedding shower for Melissa's sister, Kristen, to go to Saturday morning. While I was at the shower, Lance had told me he was going golfing with a friend. After the shower, when talking to Lance, he was headed towards downtown and wanted to see if I would meet him down there. I was STARVING as usual, and was craving Chuy's that was just recently added to the Highland shopping area in Arlington. So after begging him to meet my mom and I there, he agreed and we met for lunch. Come to find out, Lance was not playing golf that morning, he was meeting with the jeweler to pick up a ring he bought for me for our anniversary/happy hygiene school acceptance!!!! He wanted me to meet him down town because he wanted to give me the ring at the same place he proposed 3 years ago. But, I ruined that :). That's ok, it really couldn't have gone any better. He ended up giving it to me at lunch with my mom, and I really appreciated him doing that! I'm not a mom, so I'm not sure, but I would think that it would be great to hear my daughter's husband tell her and her mom how much he loves her daughter. It was the sweetest thing. I was SOOO surprised and so excited! He is such a great husband! After lunch, we headed to Allen to see Lance's family. It was a very relaxing weekend with a lot of pool time Saturday and Sunday. Mayer got a lot of swimming in, as well as our little Niece Hailey. She is so precious! Here are some pics from the weekend. Love you all!
Look how happy Cade is that his Aunt Andrea is holding him. :)
Happy Bridal Shower Kristin!
Love this pic of Michelle's belly!! We love little Isabelle even though we haven't met her yet!
Yay, the ring!!
My Ring!!!! I love it so much!!
Mayer looked like a little torpedo swimming in the pool. His long body, tail wagging half way out of the water and his ears dragging behind him. He is precious!! We had so much fun with him. This was his second swim.
Little Hailey...she is SO sweet!
Mayer hanging with grandpa.
Look at that two piece! So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment