Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dear Our Sweet Lemon,

Hip Hip Hooray...we have officially made it through what many call the toughest time of pregnancy, the first trimester!! Due to your compliance (and I thank you so much!), we have had a really great first 14 weeks with no nausea, just a few crying spells (when I see any dog away from his home, I immediately think he's stray and the flood gates open), and occasionally fighting through times of being extremely tired. I will take that! I was told last week by a dear friend that I could hear your heartbeat if I used my stethoscope. This was exciting news!! I went straight home that evening to listen to your little pitter patter, however, I couldn't seem to find it. Not to worry, we went to the doctor this week, and heard your heart beat for the very first time. This is the sound we had been waiting to hear since we found out we had been blessed by your existence. Once again, I looked at your dad, and tears filled his eyes. He loves you so much. Your heart beat at the beginning of week 14 was a strong 152. The doctor was very pleased with your development. You are now the size of a large lemon, about 3 1/2 inches in length, and you weigh 1 1/2 ounces. Who knew something so tiny could be loved so much? This week you will be starting to squint your eyes, learning how to frown and grimace, pee, and suck your thumb. Your facial muscles are getting a workout as your tiny features change from one expression after another. Sometimes I wish there was a little window to be able to peek into to see your little face. My stomach is starting to protrude a little, which is fun to see you start growing! My craving this last week consisted of sausage, egg and cheese biscuits...eeeekkkkk :/
After my 3rd one, it began to taste a little repulsive to me. No harm done right? It was just 3...
We go back to the doctor December 22nd for our 18 week check-up and then just two weeks later we will find out what you are!!!! We tried to talk Dr. Martin into letting us find out sooner, but she wouldn't budge. Oh well, you are worth the wait.

We love you so so much,

Mom, Dad and Mayer

3 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWW, i love this post! I love hearing all about the little teeny tiny little babe, lemon this week! :) SO SO SO can't wait to find out what you are having! Miss you TONS, love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait see this little lemon, I love this little baby so much! Auntie Hethor can't wait to hold you and give you a million kisses!! Love you guys, this is such an amazing time, cherish each moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot about my Jimmie Deam Turkey sausage, egg, and cheese phase. I would eat one every day for lunch for probably a month and a half. You are going to be fine girl.. enjoy yourself!
    I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete