Friday, November 12, 2010

Our Precious Little Shrimp,

Today you are just over 3 inches long. It is amazing how you can be so small, yet your body already has so many functioning parts. This week you are the size of a shrimp! Your dad and I are so eager each week to read what new things you are doing and how you are growing. You have no idea how much you are loved already. We were able to see you for the first time 2 weeks ago on our first sonogram, and when trying to ask your dad if he could see your heart fluttering on the monitor, there was no response for a bit because tears of joy filled his eyes by just seeing your very existence. Your dad already talks to you frequently and kisses you every time he gets a chance. I think you already have your biggest fan. We are SO excited to be your parents! We promise to love you the best we know how, to demonstrate and show you the unconditional love that is exhibited by Christ, and raise you with a foundation that enables you to know that in His eyes you are righteous, you are perfect, you are enough. Until your arrival (May 27th as of now), we will be preparing for you the best we know how. My nightstand is currently occupied by 3 books! However, I have a feeling that most of the learning is going to be trial and error. Ha! I would like to thank you for keeping the nausea to a bare minimum. It would make it extremely difficult to leave class frequently to lose every ounce of food I've consumed. As far as all of the other symptoms that are considered "normal" for being pregnant, I feel like I've done pretty well. I have only had one hysterical cry on the kitchen floor because I was so incredibly tired. But not to worry, your dad never made me feel like a crazy person. He just encouraged me, while Mayer was there to lick up all the tears as they were flowing very rapidly down my cheeks. There is a great team waiting for you here! :) We love you so much, and we thank God every day for allowing us to be your parents one day.



Lots and lots of love,



Mom, Dad and Mayer

6 comments:

  1. I am on that team, love you lots already little tiny bina shrimp!! OHHHH how I cannot wait to meet you!! :)
    LOVE you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I want baby bina born on my birthday! That would be the best gift EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations-I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. We can't wait for Tator Tot to get here. Already love him/her so much. You both will be amazing parents! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you two!! Love Greg, Tara & Kohlson!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know you guys were expecting! Congratulations, you guys are going to be AWESOME parents.

    ReplyDelete