Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Peanut Butter Fun!

About 6 months after Lance and I got married, we had been contemplating the idea of getting a little pup. Lance is a very structured person and had grown very attached to Cesar Millan, the dog whisperer show. So, for Christmas (2007) Lance surprised me with a picture of the puppy that he had already purchased but we could not have just yet because he was about 3 weeks shy of being 6 weeks old. But, Lance saw this as a golden opportunity to prepare for this new dog we were about to get. So, the next present I opened up was Cesar Millan's book on becoming a pack leader. We vowed to read the book together to be able to learn the do's and don't of being a successful dog owner. Thanks to Cesar, we really do have an amazing dog! His theories did/do work, and I am proud to say that our dog is very balanced! With that being said, Lance made it his personal goal to see to it that Mayer (like oscar mayer) did not ever have ANY human food, EVER. Even during pill taking time, Lance would rather open Mayer's mouth and put the pill at the back of his throat and make him swallow before we would put it in some meat! So, quite the preface, but now maybe it puts some frame of reference to the break through we had last night. As I was eating peanut butter and banana, Lance and I were talking in the kitchen and Mayer was wagging his tail at our feet hoping to get a crumb of some sort. I don't know what took over Lance, but he thought it would be fun to put peanut butter on Mayer's nose. This might have been one of the funniest things ever! We really got a couple great candid shots! We weren't sure how much he was going to like it, but he really did love it! It was quite comical and the pics were great!
Ahhh...he is trying so hard!
Ha! This pic just cracks us up! If I only knew what he was thinking!
More please!!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I love it! I should have read that book! Huck sticks his nose up to dog food! When do Mayer and Hucky get a playdate??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! Peanut butter! I think he first had PB at our house!!! Lol, fun times. I very much agree with you on every little girl needing a Chickabiddybaby doll! So precious aren't they!? I hope you all are doing well, keep us posted on Lance. ;) Oh and Jack and Lefty told me to have you tell Mayer Hi for them :)

    Dana

    ReplyDelete