Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lance-scaping!



When we moved into our house this past July, there were a few little bushes planted in the front, none in the back, and all in all, Lance and I weren't fans of any of it! Ha! Lance finds great joy in landscaping and planting things to add curb appeal to our home and often draws things out to see if I approve of his thoughts and plans for the yard. I'm not much of a landscaper/planter, so I am here strictly for moral support and to say "yeah, that looks great babe!" I am so glad that he enjoys this so much. Over the last few weeks, he has worked so hard ripping things out, tilling up parts of the yard and planting. Last weekend we went home to Dallas to visit for Mother's day and before I knew it Lance was taking his parent's tiller apart and stuffing it in my little Honda Accord trunk! He is serious! We are far from finished, but I thought I would post some pics of what he has done so far. Lance has big plans for our back yard. Before it is all said and done, he wants to extend the patio with rock, weld a fire pit and plant a big 'ole tree! What a wonderful husband! I just love him to death!

We are still going to plant some colorful little annuals in front of these bushes. All these bushes except for the spiral ones are Azalea's. Next spring they will be bigger and in full bloom!




A closer look at the beauties. I love the spiral guys!


The man at work!

This is the back wall in our back yard. This wall backs up to a two lane road and therefore this wall is the back of the subdivision. This is after all the tilling up, and before all the planting.
These are the bushes that we are putting along the back wall. They are just babies right now, but they grow to be 10 feet tall. It took a total of 15 to cover the length of the wall! This all is the start of our landscaping project. More pics soon!!

4 comments:

  1. Y'all are so domestic:) I love it and the yard looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the spiral trees too! You should be helping with the planting, like we "taught" you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the update! Way to go Lance! And way to go Andressa for being the great photographer and journalist that you are for sharing with everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like Lance is peeing in the corner of the yard in that one picture... does that help the plants grow??? :) haha jk! Love you miss you!

    ReplyDelete